Piles (also known as Hemorrhoids) are swollen blood vessels around the anus or in the lower rectum. According to a 2013 survey, they affect nearly 5% of the world’s population at some point in their lives. They occur more often in the elderly, usually striking people age 45 and older.
The two main types of hemorrhoids are internal and external. As the terms suggest, internal hemorrhoids are far enough inside the rectum, so that it is difficult for you to see them. External hemorrhoids lie just under the skin outside the opening of the anus.
Common Symptoms of Piles
The symptoms vary depending on a range of factors including the severity of your piles and the specific type of condition. Some common symptoms of hemorrhoids are:
- Bleeding during bowel movements
- Painful swelling or lump around the rim of the anus
- Rectal pain
If you are suffering from piles, you might experience all of these symptoms at one time or another, or only a few of them. Experts aren’t sure exactly what causes piles, but there are a number of contributing factors to their formation.
Possible Causes of Piles
There are various causes for hemorrhoids. They include:
- Genetic (When your mother or father had them)
- Gravity (Pregnancy or obesity)
- Being constipated
- Food allergies
- A lack of physical activity
- Excessive sitting and standing
Top Natural Remedies for Eliminating Piles
How to treat piles fast, effectively and without any side effects? In this article, you’ll find some of the top natural remedies for eliminating piles which can help you get rid of them quickly and safely.
Here are top 10 natural remedies for eliminating piles
- Cold compress
The first home remedy that is highly recommended cold compress. This simple treatment will help the hemorrhoids to shrink and become small in size. Also, it reduces swelling and gives almost instant relief from the itching.
- Get some ice and wrap it in a clean cloth
- Put it directly over the piles.
- Repeat this treatment several times a day to get the best results
- Apple Cider Vinegar
In addition to treating lots of skin problems such as skin tags removal, apple cider vinegar is well known for helping many hemorrhoid sufferers relieve symptoms associated with hemorrhoids. Due to its astringent properties, apple cider vinegar has the ability to constrict the blood vessels and reduce swelling in your veins.
For external hemorrhoids:
- Soak a clean cotton ball in organic apple cider vinegar.
- Place it directly on the piles
For internal hemorrhoids:
- Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with water
- Drink this solution twice a day
Note: Apply this treatment for at least one month until you notice a difference.
- Olive oil
Olive oil is also one of the most amazing natural remedies for eliminating piles which is helpful to get rid of the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, olive oil is used mainly to relieve the mild pain, swelling and inflammation of external hemorrhoids.
Eating the diet supplemented with extra virgin olive oil may help increase the elasticity of blood vessels and reduce inflammation.
- Aloe vera
Aloe vera is another great natural ingredient that is effective in treating piles. The anti-inflammatory action in it can assist fast relief from itching and discomfort, alleviate the irritation and cure hemorrhoids naturally.
To treat external hemorrhoids:
- Apply ½ teaspoon of aloe vera gel to your anus
- Massage proximal to the affected area
This treatment will help provide some relief from the swelling and ease the burning sensation.
- Witch hazel
Witch hazel has anti-inflammatory and mild astringent actions which can help treat anal discomfort and reduce the pain associated with hemorrhoids.
- Dip a cotton cloth or cotton ball in an undistilled witch hazel.
- Place it onto the hemorrhoids.
Repeat this at least 2 – 3 times a day to get the best results.
- Tea tree oil
Hundreds of studies have suggested that tea tree oil is effective in decrease inflammation and treating hemorrhoids naturally and safely. Because it is strong so you should dilute this essential oil prior to apply them on your affected areas.
- Mix 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil with 2 – 3 drops of castor oil (or sweet almond oil)
- Soak a clean cotton swab in this solution
- Put it directly over the affected areas.
Repeat this process everyday until you notice a difference.
- Black Tea Bags
Black tea contains tannic acid – a type of tannin which is useful to ease swelling, itching and pain associated with piles.
- Dip the tea bag for a 3 – 4 minutes in boiling water.
- Remove and let cool slightly before apply it on your swollen veins
Repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times daily to get rid of hemorrhoids quickly and effectively.
- Lemon juice
Lemon juice is considered one of the top natural remedies for eliminating piles for centuries. It is believed that the components in it can help cure the condition and strengthen the capillaries and arteries.
Drink the lemon water and honey mixture every morning can help treat hemorrhoids fast.